21 August 2013

the bone bearer book launch


It was with great pleasure that I attended the book launch for Lani Wendt Young's much anticipated book The Bone Bearer - part 3 of the Telesā trilogy.  If you did not make it to the book launch then you certainly missed out!  The vibe was chilled, the smell of delicious Island treats alluring, the performances incredibly enjoyable,Yolande the MC hilarious, the crafts, clothing and jewellery beautiful and there was Lani doing fabulously with meeting all the people who lined up to say hello, have their books signed and photos taken.

I must confess, I did one of those school girl jumping squealy things in the privacy of my own home as I took my copy of The Bone Bearer out of my handbag for several reasons, but most of all, it was a celebration of Lani's journey and literary accomplishments thus far.  It has been amazing to see what I like to call the Telesā heat spreading, evolving, from what started as a single flame.  And I am ecstatic to finally read the story of Daniel and me according to Lani.

This is me - Leila 'Afakasi.

No comments: