22 August 2013

inspired by the factory story episode 4


If you take note of any of my tweets or know me in real life, you will know that I love food, food loves me and I am always on about being hungry.  Without a shadow of a doubt, my weakness is for anything remotely Samoan when it comes to men. food.  To make things even worse, I come from a family of food bests - my mum with sapasui, my cousin with keke pua'a and my aunties with pagipopo, pai fala .. anything baked really, leaving me with a penchant for fine Samoan cuisine - if there is such a thing!  But of all the Samoan cuisine I loved the most growing up, it was luau and ulu fresh off the plane via the umu.  As much as I am ever so delighted to receive a gift of taro chips these from anyone who has recently returned from Samoa, it does not affect my family in the same way luau and ulu once did in bringing my family together to hear the stories our travelers had brought with them from home and to share a meal around the same table, or in this case, crammed into some Aunty's lounge.  Those were the days!

This is me - Teine 'Afakasi.

No comments: