30 November 2010

samoa musings

In several weeks I will be off to Samoa, spending Christmas and New Years there.  While I am looking forward to my pending travel, my feelings at this stage are a little mixed.  I am, of course excited about the prospect of spending Christmas somewhere other than New Zealand.  On the other hand, when you have lived in New Zealand for as long as I have, it can be easy to romanticise all that Samoa has to offer.  Even though there a few little negatives I have roaming around in my head, I rest in the knowledge that I will be going well prepared (packing and otherwise), having spent enough time in Samoa to feel confident that everything, in the end, will be fine.  Over the next few weeks I will post on what I am excited about, what I am not excited about and some of my hopes I have for my time in Samoa.

This is me - Teine 'Afakasi. 

No comments: